Tuesday, December 4, 2007

First Goal Accomplished

Well, I had set a goal to get that stocking order done and lo and behold I was able to get it done today! Now that I have those done, I am going to get started on my daughter's quilt. Since money is a huge issue this year, I am not going to be able to do much for her for Christmas, but I think I can finish the quilt for her. She recently became obsessed with zebras and the zebra coat pattern. A fabric store in our area went out of business this summer and they had some zebra print fabric on closeout. I got enough to do a number of things with since I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it at the time. As I was digging through my collection of fabrics I found two different leopard prints. With those and the zebra I have enough to make a Double Irish Chain quilt for her bed. Kohl's has some Zebra print sheets that I would really like to get, but I don't know if the money will be there or not.

My dad is still pressing me for the money I owe him, but not quite as hard as before. He had said that I was going to have to move out on December 7th if I didn't pay the whole thing in full. Now, he said that if I can give him $100 by Sat then I can stay through Christmas. Wasn't that sweet of him - yea right - that $100 might as well be $1,000,000 for all that it matters. I have a whole $7.00 to my name right now and won't get another WC check until next Thursday.

Deanna was sick all night last night so neither of us got much sleep. Must have been a 24 hour stomach bug or something. She didn't go to school, but she was feeling well enough this evening to go to her first day at her new job. Looks like she might get tomorrow off too, if the snow comes in like it has been predicted to.

This morning I went to PT and didn't have a great weigh in. Most everyone knows that I don't obsess over the numbers on the scale too much and this was no exception. The exercise I have been doing lately has probably added some muscle mass which would add weight since it weighs more than fat. The great news is that when I got off the scale and turned around a couple of ladies gushed all over me about my weight loss. I didn't even know these ladies, but we see each other everytime I go in for PT. Their reaction to me was more than enough to forget about the numbers on the scale. I got in my exercise today by doing both my barn chores and Deanna's since she was sick. I also hauled in about 10 arm loads of firewood from out by the shed. Since we are supposed to be getting snow, I wanted to make sure we had enough dry wood in the house to last us a little while.

Goals for tomorrow - cut fabric for Deanna's quilt, sew neice's picture tote and work on other prototypes, figure out fabric rose for MMT member who asked me to make some like in a photo of Marilyn Monroe. That should keep me busy all day.


No comments: