Monday, November 26, 2007

Just Another RAINY Monday

Ok, so Mondays are bad enough and grey rainy days are just as awful when you have to be out in them. Today was both! Since we are now so close to December, I am ready for SNOW. I know I know most people like to grump and groan and complain about that cold white stuff, but I really like it. I mean if the weather is going to be cold and wet, why not just snow. That would be so much better then such a depressing, muddy, murkey, gross, rainy day like today was. If I had not had the chance to talk to my pal in Texas I would have really been depressed (you know the whole seasonal affective mood disorder - or whatever they are calling it these days). We had a nice talk though so I found myself in a good place despite the weather.

I decided today would be a good day to try on some clothes. I have this suitcase in my closet full of clothing that I have purchased here and there since I started Medifast. Most of the stuff is from second hand clothing stores, or garage sales, but all of it is really nice and stuff I REALLY like. When I bought said items they were all too small by varying degrees and are now, slowly, beginning to fit. Today, I realized that one pair of jeans in that suitcase can now be added to my drawer since they now fit pretty well. I was also able to get out a couple of shirts and hang them in the closet. In addition to finding stuff that was too small that now fits, I also was able to purge a half a dozen shirts that used to fit fine, but are now too big. Needless to say, I actually had a nice evening cleaning out my closet and reorganizing my clothing.

I have noticed that my weightloss has slowed down, but I am not upset about that. I knew that 10 pounds a week was not going to last forever and that wouldn't be healthy anyway. I have been on the program now for 66 days, and I have lost just about 65 pounds. I am happy with an average of about a pound a day. My energy level is amazing. If someone had asked me to do some of the activities I am doing these days before MF, I would have laughed my head off. I mean, really, the other day I spent 2 hours stacking firewood which involved lugging it from one stack to another one arm-load at a time. In the past, I would have gotten out the John Deere and loaded up the bucket and used the tractor to do most of the work. I was actually disappointed today that I couldn't get out and carry some firewood or something. What I really need is a gym membership, but I can't afford that right now.

I am now comfortable with my decision to have another ankle surgery. Sure, I have known for a long time that it needed to be done. In fact, I have fought my former employer in court to get the approval to have it done. None of that helped with the anxiety of yet another surgery. Today, my doc and I had a long talk and he explained to me once again, just exactly what needs to be done and why. I am ready, now. December 21st is the big day. I asked if we could get any closer to Christmas, but they said no. I am OK with that though, God is in control of all of this and He knows best when this should be done.

So, plans for tomorrow include a trip to physical therapy to continue to prepare the ankle for the upcoming surgery and I REALLY MUST get some sewing done. If someone out there has any connection to a muse - I sure could use some inspiration about now.

Until next time....

No comments: