Saturday, November 24, 2007

Minus 2 Pounds Over Thanksgiving

Ok, so how many people can actually brag that they lost 2 full pounds between the Tuesday and Friday of Thanksgiving week? That was quite an accomplishment for me to say the least. In the end I really didn't feel like I sacrificed anything though, so I am pleased with how it all came out.

Just finished a Pampered Chef Cooking Show. I was nervous about that too. For one, we had a brunch style menu that included NOTHING that is allowed on my plan. Second, my parties are usually flops with a ton of no-shows. Fortuneatly for my consultant though, I did have a good turn out (whew!) I had a Medifast bar while everyone else was munching on Citrus muffins, raisin bread, fruit salad and trail mix. I would have loved to taste one of those muffins and I really would have LOVED some banana chips, but I know that I would have ended up losing ground with my weight loss, so I remained strong.

Yesterday, I spent about 2 hours walking between the log pile behind our shed and the porch lugging firewood. I could have used a wheel barrow, but I figured I would get a great workout by carrying it up one arm load at a time. I woke up sore this morning, but I feel good. My buddy sent me some exercise tapes to try for a good workout, but I haven't watched them yet. I am so uncoordinated and I know I look rediculous doing those moves and even if nobody is watching I just feel silly. As long as the weather holds up I am going to continue walking as much as I can. Now that I have Deanna excited about shaping her body, she is walking with me and the dogs so I am more motivated than ever to get out there.

I would like to do some Christmas shopping, but I am completely broke right now. I did say that I wanted to take my time this year and really consider everyone and what I want for them before I just jump in and start buying. If I could get motivated, I would like to make quilts for my neices and my sister. I have so much sewing to get done, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to sit at the machine. Once I start, I am fine and sew like a mad woman. It just seems like I can always find something else to do instead. That is really weird too, because I love to sew.????

Well, I have to email some photos to my sis, then maybe I will force myself to get moving on some sewing projects.

No comments: