Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boring Saturday

Yep, that is what today is, just a boring Saturday. Usually, I am up in Mansfield with Deanna. Well, not actually "with" her really since she is snowboarding and I am sitting by the fire reading a book or at the mall or fabric store spending money I don't have, but you know what I mean. Today, my parents wanted to take her. I am sure there is more to the whole situation than just wanting to take her up there, but who knows with them. They have actually had the balls to say that they think I am a bad influence on my own daughter. She confessed that she had been less than honest with them on a few occasions and instead of that being all about her it turned into this argument over how I must be teaching her how to lie and encouraging her to it. Like a 16 year old needs to be trained in the art of lieing.

I guess it has been kind of nice to have the house to myself all day. Even though I know that everyone else knows that I am limited right now due to my surgery, I still feel like my mom is breathing down my neck to do something useful with myself instead of just watching TV or reading a book. My mother is the queen of guilt trips. So, I have watched a few hours of America's Next Top Model and What Not to Wear. I am starting to give myself a guilt trip about not being at the sewing machine getting some of those quilts done. Oh well, they will be there when I am ready.

No comments: