Friday, January 11, 2008

FREEDOM - at last

Wow, how great it was to get OUT OF THE HOUSE yesterday and by myself at that! My mom had a doctor's appointment at the same time mine was and I am not keen on hanging out with my dad these days so I decided to drive myself to see Dr Janis. He had the nurse take all of the stiches out (I think I counted something like 50 or so) and put me in a hard cast. At first the cast hurt because I had to hang my foot over the table while it dried, but as soon as I was able to get my foot propped up again the swelling went down and I was fine.

Actually, I was too fine, because I felt good enough to take advantage of my freedom and stop at a few stores. After a few hours on my little knee scooter, I was pretty drained and getting a little sore. I can't believe how fast I pooped out though. Most of the time, I am a typical "shop till you drop" kinda woman and it usually takes all day for me to drop, but I got tired in just a few hours. Anyway, I got what I needed; some fabric, sweats for my daughter, some summer clothes on super duper clearance for me. I paid for all that activity today though. While my ankle doesn't really hurt, my knee (the one I use to kneel on the scooter with), my hips and my back are pretty sore. Oh well, I still think it was worth it all to get out.

I need to check the SnowTrails Website to see if they will be open tomorrow. The weather here had sucked for anyone who likes winter. We have had nothing but grey rain and gloom for the past few days. Deanna is hoping that it will be cold enough tonight for them to crank up the snow making machines for opening tomorrow. We'll see I suppose. She has some stuff to get done in the barn in the morning anyway. One of the horses, the colt she named Cash, keeps getting out of our pasture into the neighbor's pasture while it isn't the end of the world, it would be nice if he would stay home. The fence needs fixed where he is getting out and he is full of burrs which need to be brushed/combed/cut out of his tail and mane. That will take some time for her to do. I would do it but, alas I can't and believe me I would like to. I miss being out with the horses!

Well, that is all to report for now. Time for a hot bath, a cozy blanket and a good book.

2 comments:

aquarianskye said...

I'm so glad you got out of the house! I bet it lifted your spirits-okay, I know it did! Just don't make me put my mom hat on and yell at you for over doing it! Take it easy and heal! Love ya!

rodeomom426 said...

Yeserey Bob those spirits were lifted WAY HIGH! You might as well get the hat ready cuz you know I will get too excited and go nutso! I am trying my best though.