Thursday, January 3, 2008

WOW! Been a while....

OK, so I have not been very diligent at this blogging thing recently. With Christmas and the surgery time online has been limited. I did get Deanna's quilt done, but I had to give my sister just her quilt top and tell her to give it back to me so I can finish the quilt.

The surgery went well, but the pain level is still higher than before the procedure. I guess I am asking too much for it to be any lower only two weeks out.

We survivied Christmas, even though it was a slim one. The new year has come and with it time to ponder where I want my life to go from here. I would really like to see myself in meaningful relationship with a man by the end of 2008. Being alone in this world SUCKS and I am tired of it. Sure, I have family and a few friends, but I am still truely lonely and longing for a special man to enter into my life. Jan 2, 2008 was day one back on the Medifast plan. I had to take time off and add calories for the healing process due to the surgery. My intention for that time off was to basically be in a transition state, but I really went WAY off and indulged in some sweets and other "bad" foods.

With regard to my weight, my goal is to get to a point that I see food as a fuel and not as anything else. So many times, I look to food for comfort and that just has to stop. Sure, it is OK to enjoy what we eat, but I need to learn to eat to live not live to eat. I want to get to a place where I feel comfortable eating whatever it is I am eating in front of my family instead of being embarassed by what I am eating and trying to hide. Maybe my irrational brain is telling me that if nobody sees me eat it then it doesn't count. What a line of bull crap that is.

I want to continue my relationship with my buddy in TX and now I am starting a new support relationship with someone new in CA. My goal is to help them while they help me through the rough spots in the program. It would even be nice to be able to visit TX sometime.

Well, more on thoughts for the new year later. Time to put the foot up and ice it down.

Blessings to ALL in 2008.

No comments: