Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Days and Bad Days

Ok, so I know it is my fault, but today has not been a good one as far as my ankle is concerned. The problem is that I have good days when I am feeling great and in very little pain so I get out and do stuff - anything to get out of the house. Well, as usual, I overdid it yesterday. Deanna and I went up to Mansfield and spent the day with her boyfriend's family. We really basically just hung out at their house, but I was the one that drove for an hour both ways. The way up wasn't bad because I drove with my left foot and swung my right leg over the console to keep it up. The way home was when I made my mistake by using the toes on my right foot to push the gas and my left foot for the brake. I really didn't think it would make such a HUGE difference, but it did. My Achilles tendon has been screaming at me all day today.

On a sad note, a very dear friend of mine is very sick. She has been fighting stage 4, non-operable, metastatic breast cancer for several years now and even though she had been in remission it has returned. At her last appointment she was told that she is near the end of her options save for some experimental treatments. She will do anything, but now is suffering from a complicating pneumonia infection and is in the hospital. I have watched her fight this now for over a year (since I met her) and her faith in our loving and caring God has never waivered. She has stayed strong and walked through this with such grace that I am awe struck to even think about it. It is at times like these when I struggle with the way things are in the world. I am so tempted to get angry at God and scream and yell, "WHY?" When she was in remission, she gave all the thanks and glory to God, she was a living testimony to His healing powers. Why does she have to suffer through this? Why does her family have to watch her go through this and worry about losing her? She has a son that is a junior in high school and one that is in college, they are acting strong, but I know they are crying inside. Anyway, I wanted to put this in here to honor my friend Alicia Dupler and her fight against this horrible cancer.

I cannot think of my goals for the week right now. I guess I am too consumed by grief over Alicia's situation and my own pain to consider that today. I did get my doctor's scrub shirts done last week, and I got strips for anothe quilt cut out. Now I have 3 quilts to finish, an order for a tote bag and that diaper bag still needs to get sewn. Too much to think about right now.

Dear God, You know my heart is broken over Alicia and her circumstances. Right now I just pray that You will make your presence known to her in her hospital room. Wrap Your loving arms around her and quite her soul. Allow her to rest in Your lap tonight so that she will have the strength to fight her infection. Breath Your living breath into her lungs in order to heal her of the bacteria that has invaded them. Touch her body and reduce the size of the tumors on her liver and the cancer that is swimming in her blood and poisoning her bone marrow. Only You, Dear Heavenly Father, can heal her! I believe that You can. May Your will be done with this situation Lord. Please also be with Jim, Nathan and Blake. Wrap them also in Your loving embrace. Calm their spirits and their fears and let them know that You are in control. May all the honor and glory be unto You for the saving grace that You offer through Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. In His name I pray..... Amen

Be strong Alicia - don't give up my friend.


No comments: