Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am such a cheater...

Well, the title says it all and I have no excuse that is solid enough to stand on. Just when I was getting over the hunger issues and feeling like I was fully back into ketosis for the first time since my surgery, I cheated. Not just a little one either - a great big, flat out, no holds barred cheat. I just started dating a new guy. We have seen each other three times in that last three days. The first time we went to breakfast so I just got a veggie omelet, no problem - completely on plan. Well last night he took me to the Cracker Barrel and I started out great. I had roast beef, with salad and green beens off of the low carb section of the menu. I even let him have my biscuit. Then the waitress walked by with a dish of apple cobbler a la mode and I caved. Yup - I ordered one, but I only ate half. Still, I know that was way more than I can even think about getting away with. Then, today, he took me to Chinese, and I did it again. Well not dessert, but I know what I had was NOT allowed on the plan. I just hate to go out to eat and be so limited. When I am at home, I have no problems having MF supplements all day and eating a lean and green with my family. Now someone is taking me out to meals and I hate being a "picky" customer. This has got to stop though. I kinda like this guy and I don't want to stop going out with him, so I have got to come up with another way to handle the situation. Somehow, I have got to be able to order stuff that is on plan. This will take some thought and good old fashioned will power, but I HAVE to do it.

Alicia is still in the hospital, but she is doing a little better. I continue to pray for her healing everyday. She has asked not to have visitors, and I am trying to respect that, but I really want to see her.

While my ankle situation is a continuous drain on my energy and emotions, I am doing well. The pain is not so pronounced and I am able to get through the day with fewer pain pills than before the surgery. Not completely pain free, but already better than before which is a relief. The pain will increase again when Physical therapy starts, I am sure of that, but the end goal of PT will be strength and no pain. Still looks like March before I am even thinking about looking for a job again.

Goals...
I did accomplish my goal of getting the diaper bag done for my friend to give to her daughter before the baby is born. I now have 3 quilts in various stages of "development", I would like to have Deanna's boyfriend's done to give to him on Saturday. This is a conceivable goal. My sister's is still incommplete so I need to get working on it, I should try to finish it by the end of the month. The last one I cut out is still just cut out with no sewing done on it at all and I have a baby quilt that isn't even started. Needless to say, I should be sewing. So I am getting off of here to do just that.

No comments: