Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cabin Fever

Ok, so I know that many people suffer from what we call "cabin fever" during this time of the year. Most often that is because the weather sucks and forces us to stay inside. I was actually happy that my surgery was schedualed in December for that very reason. Well, just to prove that He has a sense of humor God has decided to play a trick on me. The weather in Central Ohio for the last 3 days has included record highs and sunny skies. I mean good grief, it looks like spring out there. Unfortunatly, I can't enjoy it... really. I have decided that I want to show one of our horses this summer. In order to do that he will need some work -- training and conditioning - can I do that right now? NO. And why is that? Because I can only stand on my left leg and my right ankle aches when I stand for too long. UGH! So, I am suffering from a HUGE and SEVERE case of cabin fever.

This morning I thought I was going to go completely loopy if I had to watch just one more minute of TV so I did something about it. I went to the mall ------ by myself. I drive a small SUV (Isuzu Rodeo) which has a low console in the front. I swung my right leg over the console and used my left foot to work the brake and gas. It didn't take long to get the hang of it and in the long run it was worth it. Aero had some mega 70% off of the clearance price sales so I got some cute summer shirts in what is going to me my new size by then. Another store, Goodies, also had some mega sales which netted me some shirts and shorts for a couple bucks each. Nothing like spending money on oneself to boost the spirits.

Because I spent some time away from home I was able to succesfully battle some cravings for foods I am not allowed to have on my program. I have discovered that being stuck on the couch unable to do anything even remotely constructive can be hugely destructive! Now, I must hit the sewing machine and finish those scrubs shirts I have started for my doc so I can give them to him tomorrow.

Goals for today and tomorrow -- 1. finish doc's shirts. 2. at least complete sister's quilt top 3. get diaper bag done for friend before baby is born 4. get fabric cut for baby quilt.
5 STAY ON PROGRAM!

No comments: