Friday, January 4, 2008

~What A Horrible Morning~

I woke up this morning to the sounds of my parents screaming at each other. My dad was actually saying the "F" word which is strictly taboo in our house. Such a fine way to start the day. In my heart of hearts I know that both of them would be so much happier apart. The older my dad gets the worse his attitude gets and the less concerned he is about other people's feelings. He really just doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself but he can't see that. I guess he can't see it because he is too wrapped up in himself to care.

On top of all that junk I slipped and landed on my bad ankle earlier. It really hurts now, but I don't think I did any damage. Since everyone else in my house is too wrapped up in beating each other down, I just kept the accident to myself, took a couple of pain pills and came down to vent on the computer. Right now it is still throbbing, but it hasn't been long enough for the pain killers to kick in. I suppose I will call the doctor's office later if it doesn't get better or if it gets any worse.

I am hoping to get something accomplished at the sewing machine today. My daughter's enthusiasm over her quilt lifted my spirits some. I had been so discouraged and frustrated lately over the basic failure of my purses and totes. I sunk a lot of cash into fabric and supplies to make a bunch of items only to discover that I can't sell them. With all the money and time I have wrapped up in them, I can't sell them for what Wal-Mart sells their stuff for and people just don't want to pay for the quality. Now I am broke and have two boxes of what is basically junk taking up room in my closet. With the mood that I am in now, I feel like just taking it all out to the burn pile a striking a match. I couldn't even get it right when I picked out fabric to make my neice a tote. When I showed it to my sister (her mom) she was not affraid to tell me that it was all wrong. UGH! So, anyway, I guess I will stop fretting over what went wrong and start working on what I know is going right. At this point that would be my sister's quilt. Her's is the next thing I would really like to get finished.

Goals for today...
1. complete the remaining blocks for sister's quilt.
2. remain on MF plan dispite the crushing urge to binge on anything to
supress some pretty yucky emotions.
3. get ankle pain under control

That should keep me busy for a while.

No comments: